Business of Farming in the Triad Series
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Join us for a live instructor-led 4-week webinar series designed for new and beginning farmers who want to explore their options in farming, ranching, and agriculture. In this program, we’ll help you cultivate a strategic plan to validate your goals and engage with a community of entrepreneurs just like you.
Classes begin on October 6, 2022, at 6 p.m. (held virtually).
What you will learn:
- Legal Structures
- Site analysis & Exploring your Potential
- Financial planning – Grow your numbers
- Understanding Your Marketing and Customers
The Business of Farming in the Triad of NC collaborates with Davidson-Davie Community College, Davidson County Local Food Network, and N.C. Cooperative Extension and Access to Capital Community Partners to provide a robust gap-free opportunity for ag-curious students and small businesses.
A Certificate of Completion will be presented to participants at conclusion.
- Week 1 – Legal Structures and Business Framework – Kick start or expand your farm business by finding which business structure works best for your goals. Learn the fundamentals of the business operations and how they work. Learn to think outside of the box on which business entity might be best for you.
- Week 2 – Site Analysis & Exploring Your Potential – Explore how you can learn your farms potential through analysis of all land and equipment so you can explore and move your business to its full potential. You will learn to think strategically in making decisions that will enhance your capacity.
- Week 3 – Financial Planning for Your Business – You will learn how to understand your business financials so that you can make smart and strategic decisions that will make you profitable. You will explore all areas of business finance so that you are confident in your decision making as you move your business into a profitable venture.
- Week 4 – Understanding Your Market and Customers – Learn how to find your niche, business concept and opportunity. Explore how you can fine tune your value proposition and begin to explore which customers are best for your business. Learn how to find the right customer for you –and keep them.
All registered participants will receive the link to the class upon registration. For more information, email Roxanne Bailey-Reed at Roxanne@granittraining.com.